Data Protection Notice & Privacy Statement
(i) Data Protection
- AXA Travel Insurance Limited considers that protecting personal information including sensitive personal information, is very important and we recognise that you have an interest in how we collect, use and share such information. This information will be processed in accordance with Data Protection Acts and principles and in compliance with any code(s) of practice issued by the Data Protection Commissioner. We invite you to review this Data Protection Statement, which outlines how we use and protect that information.
You have the right of access to the personal data held about you by AXA Travel Insurance Limited by sending a written request to AXA Travel Insurance Limited, Data Protection Officer, The Quadrangle, 106-118 Station Road, Redhill, RH1 1PR.
You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
(ii) Use and sharing of information
- AXA Travel Insurance Limited will share information for the purpose of providing the cover and services you requested within its group of companies and any relevant insurer. The information that you provide to AXA Travel Insurance Limited will be held on a computer, computer database, e-mail, imaged documents, files, telephone recording, CCTV and letter and/or in any other way. We shall not disclose personal information without your consent except in limited circumstances as permitted or required by law. We may share personal information with our service providers for the purpose of providing and servicing the products you have purchased from us or in the course of handling claims.
- We will use this information to:-
When administering your insurance contract(s) and handling claims, we may request details and carry out searches for the purpose of verifying your identify, the condition of your health and the commission of any offence by you or any person insured under the contract of insurance. In these applications, you explicitly consent to the processing of your details for these purposes.
- Administer and process and products/ services you have purchased from us,
- Administer any future agreements we may have with you,
- Manage or process any claim notified by you or by a third party and
- For client services, research and statistical analyses
(iv) Telephone recording
- We may record all telephone calls in order to ensure accuracy in the communications of instructions to us. We may also record telephone calls for training, prevention of fraud, complaints and to improve customer satisfaction. Our recordings shall be and remain our sole property